Date: September 2022
Job Title: Senior Commercial Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Commercial Manager to support out Enforcement businesses.
The Senior Commercial Manager will be a key member of the Enforcement Extended Leadership Team and is accountable for the overall commercial and procurement risk framework in relation to client (sales) deals and contracts end-to-end, including any third parties and suppliers involved. Enforcement is entering a critical role in its future, given it is now being disposed of by Capita aa part of the Business Solutions Pillar, which also includes Capita Translation & Interpreting, Tascor FM and PageOne.
Role Description & Purpose
- Assess revenue opportunities versus the risk and cost profile of the pricing/commercial model
- Support and lead the contract negotiations including supplier negotiations and flow-downs as applicable
- Provide proactive contract management and manage commercial implications of service performance
- Manage in-life contract changes and ensure they are appropriately documented and delivered
- Ensure any client concerns regarding contractual performance are promptly and thoroughly investigated and responded to in a timely and professional manner as appropriate
- Advise on strategic commercial implications resulting from legal and regulatory changes
- Support and advise on the commercial dispute management strategy •Define and oversee adherence to commercial policies and procedures
- Own and apply commercial scrutiny via governance gates e.g. Enforcement contract review committees
- Ensure all contracts are being delivered in accordance with contractual obligations
- Provide short term commercial support to the other pillar entities through the ongoing sale process, in particular assisting Tascor with their immediate contract management needs.
- Experienced senior commercial individual who has track record in bidding for, negotiating and managing significant sales and supplier contracts
- Extensive commercial and contracts experience and demonstrable track record of owning and delivering pre and post contract activity, including:
- Defining and/or advising on the commercial strategy for the bid lifecycle and/or customer engagement
- Analysing and managing risk including assessing the revenue opportunity versus cost and risk
- Managing and securing internal approvals for new bid opportunities
- Managing the commercial viability of bids
- Leading negotiations encompassing multiple disciplines including supplier negotiations and flow-downs
- Excellent knowledge of contract law and its application in long term facilities management or enforcement environments very desirable.
- Good working knowledge of GDPR
- Modelling and testing contractual KPIs
- Sound financial acumen (P&L, cashflow, balance sheet) and good understanding of financial modelling, contract pricing and differing pricing models
- Producing reports and summaries (ad hoc and regular) which articulate key matters for a senior and/or non-commercial audience
- Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent achieved through extensive and demonstrably successful experience
- Industry Standard and/or Professional Body accreditations desirable [e.g. WorldCC, ICM or MCIPS]
- Experienced in defining, driving and overseeing commercial and contract governance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership style focussed on engagement and driving to outcomes:
- Strong and confident communicator and influencer who can command the respect of colleagues at all levels
- Ability to build relationships and communicate confidently and robustly with external stakeholders at all levels
- Positive problem solver with a track record of root cause identification/analysis
- Confident decision-maker
- Starter–Finisher: seeing activities through to successful completion whilst creating a platform for engagement and collaboration
- Resilient and self-motivated
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Plus the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.