Date: September 2022
Job Title: Senior Project Manager (FTC)
The Senior Project Manager is accountable to the project board and ultimately the executive and has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis, within the constraints laid down by them.
This role is to provide Project Manager services across the Enforcement business and will manage a range of projects that are aligned to the business’ strategic objectives. Working closely with the business sponsor and third parties to ensure that business benefits are realised.
You will provide a pivotal role ensuring adherence to the project management framework from the business case through to the implementation and warranty.
Role Description & Purpose
- Leading and delivering business or IT projects
- Defining deliverables and establishing governance models
- Lead and manage cross functional and multi-disciplined teams (e.g. Business Operations, IT, Risk, Audit etc)
- Successfully delivering (through full lifecycle) across multiple workstreams displaying industry recognised techniques/methods
- Resourcing business or IT projects appropriately
- Routinely engaging with and communicating with internal and/or external Senior stakeholders (Regional Managing Directors, Operations Directors)
- Identifying potential sources of risk and their impact on project success and the definition and execution of effective risk mitigation strategies
- Ensuring successful delivery of multiple/complex business or IT projects through appropriate framework (risks, PM standards)
- Working in accordance with Capita’s group policies, client and regulatory requirements and operational frameworks
- Role modelling the Capita values
- Engaging in forums to share lessons learned and best practices
- Support business individuals for the purposes of training and knowledge sharing
- Ensure good practices are followed throughout the project management lifecycle, including DPIA and Privacy by Design
- Work with wider Capita functions (i.e., Privacy, InfoSec) to ensure Enforcement businesses remain compliant to regulations, laws, group policies etc.
- The individual must have the ability to understand and interpret business needs, drivers, and requirements and identify any potential risks and implications of implementing IT changes always demonstrating awareness of and managing commercial risk
- Support requests of authorised external auditors.
- Proven Project Management track record with experience of the full project lifecycle and commercial environments
- Highly effective stakeholder management both internally at all levels and with third parties
- Budget management
- Risk Management
- Champions change and proactively seeks continuous improvement
- Relevant project management qualifications (e.g. Prince2, MSP, APM) or equivalent experience
- Able to cope with varying workload pressures and to prioritise effectively
- A professional and flexible approach
- Ability to operate and engage at all levels across the business including the SLT.
- Good written and verbal communication to ensure technical requirements are explained clearly to all users regardless of their knowledge.
- Methodical and logical approach to tasks
- Open & honest
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic
- Focus on solutions not problems
- Logical, proactive approach to tasks
- Having a positive approach to your work and actively challenging negative attitudes and behaviours
- Strong time management for both self and team
- Good at thinking of proactive and innovative solutions to problems
- Leads by example and is a positive role model, gaining trust and respect
- Sees future trends and possibilities and ensures they inform the change and innovation function
- Positively challenges the status quo and develops efficient and effective working practices that improve performance, add value and/or reduces costs
- Participation in Team discussions, activities, shared workloads, cross-training, and knowledge sharing
- Celebrates achievements and successes.
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Plus the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.