Date: July 2023
Job Title: Head of Legal
The Head of Legal and Compliance will be part of the extended leadership team.
Responsible for all aspects of the Legal, Commercial, Risk & Compliance function. Leading the team to ensure the business has the right level of support and challenge. The team is integral to the smooth running of the business and supports its growth across a wide range of areas, including
Commercial contracts and Operations.
Home based role, with requirement to travel on an Adhoc basis.
Legal & Commercial
- Provide the business with legal support and advice and provide legal interpretation for contractual documents
- Implementation of new legislations & changes
- Provide proactive contract management and manage commercial implications of service performance
- Manage in-life contract changes and ensure they are appropriately documented and delivered
- Draft and negotiate contracts required, documenting, writing, and executing of agreements and contracts on behalf of the company across a variety of suppliers, partner organisations and other key stakeholders
- Supervise 3rd Party external legal in cases where external support is required. • Offering pro-active counsel on a variety of legal issues and matters across the wider organisation to support the customer facing, operational and back-office activities
- Advising the Team of Directors and Senior Management Team within the company, upon matters acting under legal privilege.
- Protecting the financial position and reputation of the organisation in its contractual arrangements, litigation and otherwise
- Accountable for GDPR and data protection of the business, working with the business to ensure we are compliant
- Assessing and developing team requirements • Developing a defined regulatory framework with the team, to monitor and measure compliance, highlighting when these are at risk of being breached, and putting in place mitigating actions
- Exhibiting leadership qualities through high standards, integrity, the management and development of people, and the achievement of business goals through drive and collaborative working.
- Build engagement with key compliance stakeholder to support meeting business objectives in a compliant way, supporting them to develop& implement controls, monitor assurance results, maturity and remedial
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Must have a law degree from a recognised university
- Must be admitted to a recognised bar
- Must have 2+ years of PQE gained in a legal firm and/or in-house within a recognised organisation
- Excellent knowledge of GDPR governance and legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High levels of literacy and analytical ability required
- Time management
- People manager, proven track record as manager of highly educated professionals, able to motivate her/his team members, getting the best out of them. Able to conduct planning and organisation of legal team
- Mature strong persuasive personality with excellent communication skills
At Ross & Roberts, we’re shaping the future of enforcement. We’re working with local government, public and private sector businesses to provide recovery and enforcement services. Our teams at Equita, Ross & Roberts and Stirling Park help with collecting council tax, business rates, parking fines, rent and more. Join us and discover better as you help to minimise debt for both businesses and customers.
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform #LI-Remote